At Magnifique Salon, we are committed to providing the best possible service to all of our guests. To achieve this, it has been necessary to develop a policies and guidelines to help us adhere to the highest level of service. While most of these are for our team, some of these are directed at our guests.
Last-minute cancellations or not showing up to your appointment affects our salon, other guests and the business greatly. It is for this reason we have updated our bookings and cancellation policy effective as of Wednesday 5th February 2020.
Booking your appointment
- When making a booking, the staff at Magnifique Salon will now ask for your credit card details, which will be added to your file using a third-party payment gateway called Stripe*.
*Stripe stores your credit cards in an encrypted format, ensuring it is confidential and secure. Once saved in the system, your card number is not visible to anybody, we only be able to see the last four digits of the card number.
Confirming your appointment
- Once you have booked your appointment with us, you will receive a text and/or email to confirm your appointment, including the date, time and the requested service details**. You will receive a text message 48 hours before your appointment asking you to confirm your appointment. This text message is automatically sent by our booking system.
**Please note that some services can only be quoted in the salon prior to the start of your service (at which time you may decide on the different service at an alternative price point).
- You are required to confirm your appointment within 24 hours of receiving this text (to cancel or reschedule your appointment please call us).
Late to your appointment
Being late to your appointment can impact other guests booked after you. For this reason:
- If you are less than 15 minutes late to your appointment, your stylist will endeavour to complete your requested service, however some services may be impacted as we will work to finish your appointment on time.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late to your appointment, Magnifique Salon has the right to refuse the service.
‘No Show’ to your appointment
- Failure to give 24 hours’ notice of any appointment changes or cancellation will result in a $50 fee or 50% of your booked service (whichever is less). This fee will be taken from your credit card provided to us prior to booking.
- If you confirm your appointment and subsequently fail to come in (‘No Show’) you will be charged 50% of the full service that you were booked in for.
- If you are uncontactable or do not confirm your appointment even after we have attempted to contact you, Magnifique Salon reserves the right to cancel your unconfirmed appointments and open that appointment time to guests on our waitlist.
Quoting of your service
- For certain services you will be required to follow or adhere to strict pre-service instructions to ensure that your in-salon service has the best outcome. If you do not follow the pre-service instructions, Magnifique Salon may need to conduct additional services, which may be at an additional fee.
- For phone and online bookings, Magnifique Salon provides a quote based on the information provided by yourself. While the stylist refers to this quote at the time of your appointment, there may be times where a revised quote will be given at the time of the appointment upon the stylist assessing your hair in person (as everyone is an individual).
- While our team does their best to provide an accurate quote prior to the starting of your service, due to unforeseen circumstances extra product or time may be needed, which will change the final price of the service. If this does arise, we will always let you know as soon as we know and request your permission prior to going ahead with the additional service or product.
Preference of Stylists
- We know that most of our Guests prefer a particular Stylist, and while we endeavour to always book you in with your requested Stylist, Magnifique Salon reserves the right to assign another Stylist to you if your preferred Stylist is unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g. being away sick).
Children in the salon
- All children in the salon must be monitored by their parent or guardian at all times. This is to ensure the safety of the children as well as the comfort of other guests.
- While every care is taken by the team for the wellbeing of our guests and their personal property, Magnifique Salon is not responsible for any loss or damage to personal property.